Friday, September 2, 2016

Two down

We are now two weeks into the new school year.  What a giant pain in my ass.  It doesn't seem to matter how prepared they say that they are in the evening, or how early I get them up in the morning, they always run late.  Shoes are missing. The hairbrush is gone.  Where are the shorts to go under the jumper?  DD2 has already lost a library book, and that ticks me off.  She had it, then it got sucked into the nether realms.  I don't understand it at all.

DD3 and DD4 have been doing well.   Everything is being turned in as it should be.  DD2, who is on academic probation, and risks being kicked out of the school if she can't show improvement in the first 6 weeks, already has had two assignments not turned in.  No reason for it, just didn't turn them in.  I know one got in because it was online.  She had it done.  Why would you not send it to the teacher if it's done?  The other assignment she didn't even have remotely close to finished, and she had 5 days to do it.  The work was finished, and she STILL didn't hand it in.  I'm not sure that she'll live to see the end of the 6 weeks.

Currently I have no clue where any of the children are.  DD2 said she was going to work on a class project with two school mates.  Um, suuuuure.  No, I don't believe her for one second.  However, the moment I say no, she really would be working on it, and since it's a group thing...  I can't win in this situation.   DD3 and DD4 I have no clue.  I think they might be at the corner house, but I haven't checked.  It's all too exhausting to attempt keeping track.  I need chocolate and a nap.

I had two massage appointments this past week.  It was amazing.  I made enough in two hours to pay my basic bills for the month.  Who wouldn't love that?  Now to just keep getting clients.  The current goal is 4 a week.  No, that isn't were I want to be, but it's a start, and better than nothing.  I'll build from there.

The weather has been amazing.  It's rather cool for the midwest this time of year - high 70's.  The humidity does flux, but we're having a lot of rain.  There is a nice breeze.  It's great.  I just wish that the damn mosquitoes would die.  They're awful this year.  I also seem to be having an issue with spiders.  Spiders are evil, and they are everywhere.  Not little ones, either.  Big nasty ones.  I just gave myself a full body shiver on that one.  Since the weather has been so, I don't even know what, I wonder what winter is going to bring.  I'm trying hard to not dwell on it, but I can't help it.  I really hate snow, ice, and freezing temps.  It makes me hurt physically.

For those in the U.S., enjoy your holiday weekend!  Be safe when you're out and about.


No comments:

Post a Comment